HEALTH AND SAFETY
At ROSS we recognise the prime importance of people and their health and Safety, therefore optimum health and safety performance is paramount. We are committed to ensuring that our Health and Safety Policy is fully implemented and reviewed and a safe working environment is maintained for all employees and for persons not employed by the Company who may be affected by its activities.
Our commitment is proven through:
- The Company maintains independent certification that the Occupational Health and Safety Management System conforms to the requirements of ISO45001:2018.
- A Proven Health and Safety Record
- An active and regularly reviewed Training and Education Policy for all employees at all levels in the company
- A Policy of On-Going Consultation with Management and Employees regarding Health and Safety Matters
- In addition to Health & Safety personnel, the employment of an external Health and Safety Consultancy to do regular unannounced independent site safety inspections to ensure standards are maintained
- Adequate Resources Deployed to advance a Safe Working Environment.
Quality in construction performance and client care underpin our reputation as a leading contractor delivering complex projects. Key to our success is our constant investment in our people, supply chain and in the latest innovations in technology. ROSS is certified to ISO 9001:2015 – the highest internationally recognised standard in quality management. We don’t only satisfy quality system requirements to deliver the best possible service to our clients – we continually aspire to exceed them.
ROSS is certified to ISO 140001:2015 – the highest internationally recognised standard in environmental management. In the industry in which we operate It is recognises world-wide that elements of our operations can impact upon the environment therefore through our environmental management systems we strive to achieve excellence in all our endeavours to minimize all such impacts.
Whilst the final product of our work is dictated by the requirements of our clients we will recommend the use of environmentally friendly component products and recycled materials as alternatives wherever possible. Our primary environmental goal is in the prevention of pollution, particularly in relation to water, air, noise and traffic.
As part of our our environmental management our organisation has commit to the following goals:
- Identify the environmental issues associated with our core activities and manage them appropriately.
- Establishment of a culture of continual improvement and prevention of pollution.
- Compliance with environmental legislation and our clients’ requirements.
- Review our performance regularly against those targets and take appropriate and timely action where necessary.
- Establishment of a framework within the company’s integrated management system for setting and reviewing our environmental performance, objectives and targets.
- Education and training of our employees, subcontractors and anyone working on our behalf in the requirements of the environmental management policy
- Provision of emergency response mechanisms.
- Promoting the use of suppliers and sub-contractors who have an environmental management policy.
- Promoting the conservation of natural resources.
- Comply with the statutory and regulatory environmental requirements pertaining to our business operations.